The Painted Pink Cat classes inspire kids to reach beyond and create art that is unique to them. By doing so, kids feel empowered to be creative and expressive. It is amazing to see just what kids design when given the freedom to explore and to express themselves creatively. Imaginations soar!
The Kids classes are geared toward developing personal inner strengths and qualities and developing CONFIDENCE & SELF ESTEEM. There is no "Right" or "Wrong" when creating. Creating ART is the ultimate freedom of expression. We will work in all mediums & supply all materials (anything goes) in this process of creating. We welcome ALL children and you will find that our ART classes are very beneficial to those who may find challenges with self esteem, anxiety, peer pressure, loss, depression, etc. There is NO judgment in ART!
Art for Kids
The staff from Kids Create Art at the Painted Pink Cat firmly believe that creating art can help develop a child who is confident and balanced. Through creating, the child's self-awareness, self-discovery and self-esteem grows tremendously. Our mission is to give the child the "tools" to do just this through our many exciting and diverse art lessons.
Our knowledgeable and experienced art instructors assist and inspire a child's imagination to soar in ways they have never imagined. Whether the child is a novice or an accomplished artist, our lessons are geared toward unleashing these creative feelings. At the completion of each lesson, there will be much discussion where the self-discovery is revealed through the child's masterpiece. We believe the arts are far too neglected and that there is not enough emphasis on how the arts directly influence your life. So we created this warm, loving studio where your child is free to recognize and embrace their inner, creative potential!
Each Registration includes art lessons, all supplies and materials, self esteem and confidence building through art AND tons of smiles and laughter!!
Primary Painters Crazy Creatures Mixed Media
Ages: 3 yrs - 6 yrs | Tues: 4.30 pm to 6.00 pm | $135 for 5 classes
Session 1: Sep 18 - Oct 16
Session 2: Oct 30 - Dec 04
Session 3: Jan 08 - Feb 05 2019
These sessions will focus on animal painting and mixed media. From painting farm animals to pets, to animals in the wild we will combine mixed media with painting. This is sure to be a fun class with lots of individual attention to the child's creative creatures.
- Each week through brainstorming and studying the masters, the young artist will leave with a beautiful masterpiece that reflects their unique individual style.
- All materials are provided (canvas, paints, brushes, smocks and peanut free snacks).
- Drop off program.
- Book early, seats fill up quickly.
Secondary Painters - Paper Mache Clay, Mixed Media
Grades: 1 - 6 | Wed : 4.30 pm to 6.00 pm | $155 for 5 classes
Fall 1: Sep 26 - Oct 24
Fall 2: Nov 07 - Dec 12
Winter: Jan 02 - Jan 30
- This session has a focus on print making, mobile building, mosaic, water color and clay. Still combining canvas painting, collaging and mixed media we will dive into the imaginary world. Drawing inspiration from other Artists, books, movies and real life your creativity will be sparked. The guidance of our highly qualified instructors with over 35 years of combined painting instruction and degrees in painting and fine arts gives your child the freedom to explore, create and paint.
- While embarking on a visual journey studying different painting styles and Masters and through much open discussion the child will leave a masterpiece uniquely their own.
- All materials are provided, including canvas, paint, brushes and smocks.
- Drop off program.
Winter Holiday Art Camp
Ages: 6 yrs to 12 yrs | 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
February 18th - February 22nd 2019
Looking for a crazy creative vacation day art program? The Painted Pink Cat Studio is the place to be!
- More InformationOver the course of one week, we will dive into the some of the following art techniques: drawing, painting techniques with acrylics, mixed media, clay art slab portraits, pottery, sand painting, monoprints and lino cuts, wood sculpture, pastels with chalk and oil, collage, 3 panel canvas art, and more!
- All supplies and materials will be provided.
- The styles of many famous artists and the seven elements of art will be studied in depth. Your child will leave with a portfolio that is uniquely their own.
- Please have your child wear old clothes that can get messy and bring a bag lunch (nut free please).
- Wait to see your child’s inner artist go WILD!
- Instructors include Kristin Young and studio staff.
- All new projects!